Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Love At The Apple Blossom Inn by Kristy Tate

Love At The Apple Blossom Inn by Kristy Tate

Dust Jacket:

A small town girl.
A rock star living a lie.
Their paths cross and lead them down a road neither of them expected to find: love at the Apple Blossom Inn.
Janey knows that life doesn’t come with a happy-ending guarantee. She needs to keep her feet securely on the ground working two jobs, going to school, and caring for her little brother. She has no time or room for romance.
After an accident leaves his charmed life in ruins, Derrick abandons his Hollywood lifestyle and checks into rehab. The world believes that Derrick Cordell the rock star is dead. And despite his beating heart and breathing lungs, that’s exactly how he feels until, disguised and living incognito in the tiny town of Rose Arbor, Washington, he meets Janey, who loves him as plain old Eric Roudell, the wanna-be music teacher.
But secrets have a way of unraveling. When Janey discovers the truth about Eric/Derrick, how can she love someone she doesn’t even know? Especially since love is not on her to-do list?


My Review: 4 Stars!

Cute Novella.

I should have looked at the page numbers (or read the little wording on the cover top) before I started reading this book. I figured it would be getting a fully developed relationship at the end. Just when I thought it was getting started, the book started winding down. I sort of felt like I was being short sheeted, but I guess I should have checked it out before I started. So, ATTENTION, this is a sweet novella, not an in depth full length book.

As a Novella, this book was really cute. From what we know the characters are lovable and believable. I love the setting. The side characters are a perfect support. The book is just sweet and wholesome with some fun and funny scenes. Despite the heavy background of our main characters the book is still light and fresh. Two people try to discover who they are and what they will do with their lives and they each influence the other.

A quick, cute, fun, clean read. I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment