OK. Here is my hope to read and review if I get enough personal time this month list:
1. Legally Wedded by Jannifer Griffith
2. Marrying Christopher by Michelle Paige Holmes
3. First Light by Michelle Paige Holmes
4. Second Chance Ranch by Liz Isaacson
5. Third Times a Charm by Liz Isaacson
6. Fourth And Long by Liz Isaacson
7. Chemistry Lessons by Rebecca Jamison
8. Bethany's New Reality by Rachel John
9. I am Delilah
10. Mistakenly Married by Victoria Leiske
11. Beyond the West Sea by Misty Moncur
12. Sealed With A Kiss by Kimberley Montpetit
13. Storm by Kate Palmer
14. Olivia by Kate Palmer
15. Alexis by Kate Palmer
16. Taylor Lynne by Jennifer Peel
17. Jessie Bell by Jennifer Peel
18. His Personal Relationship Manager by Jennifer Peel
19. The Girl Who Heard Demons by Jeanette Rallison
20. Vocal Crush by Lisa Swinton
21. Autumn Masquerade
22. A Midwinter Ball
23. Spring in Hyde Park
24. Summer House Party
25. Road Trip Collection
26. Rail Order Bride Collection
27. Gladly Beyond by NicoleVan
28. Refine by Nicole Van
29. The Secret Life of Daydreams by Licinda Whitney
30. Playing with Heartstrings by Lydia Winters
31. Eye on Orion
32. Not Your Match by Linzee Armstrong
33. Cupcakes and Cowboys by Linzee Armstrong
34. O'er The River Liffey by Heidi Ashworth
35. Echoes of Summer by Laura D. Bastain
36. Winter's Kiss by Laura D. Bastain
Thursday, July 7, 2016
Although Delilah works in New York, she’s a small-town girl and eager to finish her job as a nanny and return to Big Fork Montana where she’ll marry her high-school sweetheart. When she ends up the focus of a Hollywood stunt centered around her being the Oscar date of Hollywood heartthrob Sam Hendricks, life as she knows it becomes a thing of the past. Delilah promptly refuses him, only to find that it isn’t so easy to step out of the limelight once you’ve ended up in the middle of the public eye.
Sam Hendricks is not used to taking no for an answer, and when his rejection become a leading story, he determines to do whatever it takes to turn the tide of public opinion back in his favor. Again and again Delilah refuses him until she proposes an offer—if he’ll spend two weeks on her family’s dairy farm, she’ll be his date to the Oscars. In no way is this a fair trade, but Sam feels he has no choice and therefore agrees to her proposal—they both agree no one will ever know.
Unfortunately for them both, there are plans other than their own at play, and when everything goes wrong they are faced with another fallout, bigger than the first.
(I AM DELILAH was originally published as STAR STRUCK in 2004)
My Review: 4 Stars
The title and cover combination drew me in and had me snatching this book up right away. Books about movie star and country life culture clashes always promise some sass and whit, and this book didn't disappoint. I Am Delilah is a hilarious battleground of Hollywood glamor vs good old country values. I loved every part!
Sam Hendricks is our cocky, self absorbed movie star. Per tradition every year he asks a "nobody" to be his date to the awards ceremony. He is applauded and his Cinderella date is elevated to celebrity status over night. This year he asks Montana native, Delilah, who is working as a nanny in New York City, to be his date on television. When she refuses he must scramble to change her mind and his reputation. But Montana girls with solid fiance's aren't so easy to convince. What pursues is an entertaining and engaging clash of worlds that will keep you turning pages.
Two pages into the book I realized I've read this book before - Starstruck, same author, came out in 2004. The book has been re-faced and titled. It is still a great book!
This book is clean, and maybe a little self-righteous. I would recommend it to anyone!
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Posted by Anna at 11:26 AM