Monday, July 27, 2015

Science Fictioned by Lee Falin, PhD

Science Fictioned by Lee Falin, PhD

Dust Jacket:

What do goblins, zombie viruses, inept magicians, and alien-invasion survivors have in common? They all make wonderful story elements for teaching about real science.
Science Fictioned takes ideas from cutting-edge, scientific research papers and turns them into science fiction and fantasy stories. Learning science has never been this fun.


My Review: 4 Stars

This book is unlike any I've ever read. Reading it, I imagine myself in the basement of a library reading about some scientific concept. Then I fall asleep (with my face in the book) and have a random science fiction dream about the concept. Repeat several times.

The concept is creative and fun. The stories are original, and I'm learning a few random scientific theories. I guess I would put it on my bookshelf of REALLY short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment