Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Royal Spy by Cassie M. Shiels

The Royal Spy by Cassie M. Shiels

Dust Jacket:

I pushed myself up and nearly stopped breathing again. The man who I had just knocked to the ground was none other then Prince Jarin. Definitely not the shadow, I thought. "That's it, you-" the prince began as he pushed himself up and raised his fist. "Stop!" I guarded my face with both hands. "Katie?" "Ah...hello, fancy meeting you here," I stammered. Even though Katie is a royal princess, all she knows is how to be a spy. She constantly goes from mission to mission, never getting the chance to understand her birthright. This all changes when her father sends her on a mission to Floric with the cover of being a princess who is trying to win the prince's heart. This mission proves to be very different from the others with a shadowy figure to chase, secret passages to explore, secrets to keep and the problem of betrayal that she is about to discover.

My Review: 5 Stars

This story about a princess spy is aimed at middle grade/YA audiences, but is enjoyable to adults as well. The story is set in older times but does not feel historical. It is full of fun, humor, adventure, mystery, and quirky characters. I could easily see this book turned into a family movie. There is just something for everyone.

Content: sword fighting, murder, deception, and a platonic romance

No comments:

Post a Comment